SEC Reporting Manager
The SEC Reporting Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the preparation and coordination of SEC filings and providing support for the quarterly earnings release process. The SEC Reporting Manager will also be responsible for technical research, the stock based compensation accounting, assisting with implementing SOX compliant internal control policies, and assist in month-end closings. The ideal candidate has current experience with preparing SEC filings, excellent written and oral communication skills, extreme attention to detail, and developed proficiency in planning, prioritization and project management.
Location: Newark, CA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of the quarterly/annual reports (Forms 10-Q/10-K) using Active Disclosure (Donnelly). Update existing disclosures and draft new disclosures, including preparing supporting documentation. Process review comments from management,
external auditors and legal counsel. Coordinate with third party EDGAR and XBRL service provider. Prepare other periodic forms filed with the SEC and earning releases.
• GAAP focused technical accounting research. Proactively analyze emerging accounting pronouncements for implications to the organization. Prepare memos to support accounting treatment of various issues as
• Manage the processing and reporting of stock based compensation including grants, exercises and vesting of equity awards. Calculate the assumptions used to value the awards.
• Assist management with developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of internal controls that are SOX compliant.
• Provide external audit support.
• Participate in the month-end and quarter-end close process, including but not limited to preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Assist with ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study
• 5-7 years work experience. Experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus.
• Experience using Active Disclosure.
• CPA designation preferred
• Strong background in SEC reporting is required including responsibility for producing SEC documents for a public company
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills
• Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and exactitude
• Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines and competing priorities
• High technical aptitude with MS-Excel and other software tools; experience with Netsuite is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.